Monday, October 3, 2011

Sundaes


We have ice cream sundaes every Monday after Family Home Evening. I'm not a big ice cream fan but I'm a huge sundae fan. It's all about the trimmings!
We like to layer the sauce and the ice cream and top the whole thing with whipped cream, maybe some more sauce, and a cherry. I add A LOT of toasted chopped nuts to mine too.
I posted recipes for a chocolate sauce and a caramel sauce below. These homemade sauces take the sundae experience to another level. You can use them separately or together on your sundae. The chocolate sauce is very fast and easy. The caramel sauce is a little trickier but well worth the effort! I've tried several recipes and this no-stir method is the best. You'll probably have to practice a few times until you get a good feel for the color. You might also want to experiment with pan and burner size to achieve optimal uniformity while boiling the syrup.

1 comment:

  1. They sound so yummy!! I definitely want to try out your sauce recipes. Thanks for sharing them! :)

    ReplyDelete